Saturday, January 12, 2008

new years resolutions... underway

In lieu of posting my New Year's resolutions on January 1, only to be let down that I broke them already by the 3rd, I am posting them now, that they are fully underway! Proud to say that they are all still in tact!
#1 : I am by no means a domestic goddess, or remotely resemble June Cleaver, but I revel in the moments that my house and my studio are well organized. Not always an easy task for a self employed single parent, when I am constantly trying to stay on top of the daily to do list. I just found this list of 31 simple tasks in Real Simple mag online. I don't know that I am going to hang lint rollers by each of my doors as it suggests, but there are some really great simple tasks that would make things run a little smoother in the daily grind. Some of which I have already done this year!

#2: I made a rather lengthy list of all my goals for the year, small and large... many of which you will see in my etsy shop as well as in some other upcoming collaborations with Aline. Keep your eyes open this year with some developments of other really exciting art ventures in Columbus Ohio... they are all so new, that I can't divulge any secrets yet! :) I assure you, they will all be spectacular!!!

#3: Thanks to Emily, for recommending the wonderful gift package from Equivita that I won in a silent auction this past fall at Agora. In my resolution for wellness and fitness, this was the perfect kick off to get myself on the right track! I went in for the 5 Keys Fitness Assessment, and a deep tissue massage that worked out a lot of the knots and tightness that have developed in the hours spent at the workbench and on my computer. I am feeling better already, and will be going back this week to meet with a personal trainer for my individual fitness plan. Once I figure out what I need to be working on, I am committing to continue with some regularity!

Almost through week two of 2008, only 50 weeks to keep all this up! Cheers and best wishes to all of you for the New Year! May 2008 be the best yet!

1 comment:

stinkybomb said...

best of luck keeping to your goals this year.
I'm sure you'll be really productive and successful!