Friday, August 31, 2007

Labor Day Arts Festival Emerging Artist


Yesterday, I went for a walk to the post office with Aline to mail some Etsy goodies out and then met with Creatrixjane at Staufs to deliver some earrings and to get my daily fix of chai. As we were sitting there the delivery truck for the Columbus Alive (weekly paper) pulled up and hauled off a stack of the current week's paper. Of course on the cover was something about OSU football...which always seems to be the main focus of the news in this city. Not being a huge football fan (my birthday always seems to fall on Super Bowl sunday) I flipped past the pages of football fever, looking for the article that was to be published about the Emerging Artists at the Upper Arlington Labor Day Arts Festival. As I flipped through the paper, I paused to drool over the Frank Lloyd Wright article and photos, daydreaming for a moment... I continued turning pages tilI flipped to page 42 and saw a HUGE photo of my face. I was rather startled! I think I yelped. I thought it would be a small article with a little profile pic. What followed was a nicely written article about the four artists that will be the featured emerging artists this coming Monday at the festival. I am looking forward to the show, and working like a mad woman in my studio to finish up the final touches on a fresh batch of work.

Come visit me Monday in Upper Arlington, Ohio! I will be at Booth #1 from 10am-5pm.

No comments: