Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 4-6 - Columbus Arts Festival


A patron of the Arts Festival for years, I am honored to be a part of this year’s show. As a CCAD alumni and current jewelry instructor at the college, I am additionally pleased to be participating in the Festival while it is on CCAD’s campus. I will be at booth N-194 selling my handcrafted sterling silver jewelry.

My inspiration comes mainly from antiques and the preservation of mementos from the past.

Silhouettes of curios spotted in flea markets and my grandmother’s antiques are painstakingly cut from silver sheet with a jeweler’s handsaw.

Patterns seen in antique textiles are often reworked into some of my designs. Redrawn, etched into printing plates and pressed into sterling sheet through a hand-cranked rolling mill.

I always have an eye out for unique glass buttons and cabochons from decades past. Often in vibrant hues and pressed with floral patterns, I carefully hand-set the glass in custom sterling settings.

Old maps have always fascinated me. Silver settings showcase a favorite location from my collection of antique atlases. If you don’t see the place you are looking for, I can make a custom piece just for you!

No comments: